for students in the Ruhr area
All participating institutions:
- Ruhr-University Bochum
- Hochschule Bochum
- Hochschule für Gesundheit Bochum
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- Westfälischen Hochschule
- Hochschule Ruhr-West
- University of Technology Dortmund
- University of applied sciences and arts Dortmund
- Hamm-Lippstadt University of Applied Sciences
- University of Witten-Herdecke
- Protestant University of Applied Sciences in Bochum
Registration & Linking
Register in our app or on the website with your student E-mail address. You will then be sent a confirmation link. After this link has been clicked and verified, your account will be automatically activated.
You‘ve already registered with nextbike but didn’t use your student E-mail address or you added your E-mail address after signing up? Log in via website and enter your new email adress. You will then be sent a confirmation link. After this link has been clicked and verified, your account will be linked.
The first 60 minutes of each rental of any bike type are free of charge.
Exception University of Duisburg-Essen: for their students, the first 45 minutes are free of charge. Further billing is identical.
Exception University of Witten-Herdecke: for their students, the first 30 minutes are free of charge. Further billing at the basic tariff.
If you exceed the free minutes you will be charged €0.50 for each additional 30 minutes. The maximum daily rate for renting over a 24 hour timespan is €5.
The Concession is valid for rentals within the area of metroporadruhr, in Bonn, Düsseldorf, Lippstadt, Mönchengladbach, Leverkusen and Cologne. In other cities the basic rate applies.
You can use a single account to rent up to four bikes at once. The aforementioned benefits will apply
- to the first bike only for students of the Westfälische Hochschule, Hochschule für Gesundheit Bochum and University of Witten-Herdecke
- to the first two bikes for students of all other institutions.
Additional bikes will be charged at the basic rate.